In modern homes, offices, schools, and hospitals, heating becomes more and more important during the winter months. What often happens is large building blocks like offices, schools and hospitals – use a central heating system. In instances where the central heating system is defective or not adequate for the number of people in the office, getting an energy-efficient electric heater solves that problem.
And what about small homes or even small home offices? Where the central heating system is not available or it is very costly to heat the whole house during the day when you're only occupying a room. To solve this problem, modern households have taken to using electric heaters or electric radiators for heating a small space instead of firing up the heating system or lighting a fireplace.
This is especially true with the energy bill prices at an all-time high, it is important to be sensible about how we use energy in our every home appliance. In the same vein, it is also important to look for ways to reduce our heating bill.
It goes without saying that if you compare the cost per hour of using your central heating or a halogen heater versus using an energy efficient electric heater to warm your space, you will find that the heating cost of electric heaters is 3 times lower than the cost of using central heating.
If you're the sort of person who walks around bare-chested on a wintery afternoon and with no issues heating up the whole house to stay warm in a room, then this article is not for you. But if you are looking for ways to stay warm without burning a hole in your pocket, then getting one of the electric heaters below or one of these energy efficient space heaters. The energy efficient heaters in this article will keep you safe, save you money and most definitely – keep you warm.
Importance of Electric Heaters:
Electric heaters are well known for being totally efficient because they convert all the electricity used into heat. With that said, some are more costly than others because they consume a lot of electricity but do not necessarily deliver on equivalent heat output.
Electric space heaters are a great alternative to fan heaters, convector heaters and traditional heating radiators. You can get some that fit perfectly in small spaces around your home and are a lot cheaper to buy and get working than a central heating system or a new boiler would cost you.
Electric heaters come in a number of different shapes and sizes and can be portable with a variety of heat settings. They heat up pretty quickly and are ideal if you are planning on heating up a part of a house for a short period of time. So, it is important to understand the space you plan on warming up prior to making a purchase. That way, you know for sure that you actually need one for the room in your house.
Electric heaters are not for everyone and suit certain homes more than they suit others so this roundup focuses on just this type of heater. The question the article answers is deciding which electric heater is the best for you? It is an organised list of some best energy efficient electric heaters available today.
Best Energy-Efficient Electric Heaters
1. Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Fan Electric Heater Black/Silver
Keep warm or cool all year round with this Dyson AM09 Focus fan heater (See More User Reviews). This tower style fan heater makes it possible to adjust the temperature within your room or office quickly and easily without having to adjust the thermostat of your location's heating or central air conditioning. The most prominent feature of the Dyson is how safe it is to use.
The second feature is that the heater is equipped with jet focus technology. The heater comes without fan blades and exposed heating elements which means it is completely safe to have it in homes in the presence of children or pets.
Ideal for use in all seasons, the Dyson Hot + Cool AM09 Fan Heater offers precise, room-filling air temperature, powered by intelligent Air Multiplier technology. This is the top product of our list that guarantees to give you a comfortable environment whether it is hot or cold.
The Dyson AM09 Heater has an intelligent thermostat for precise, energy efficient heating. Unlike many other electric heaters, the Dyson is perfect for night time use with intelligent temperature control and sleep timer. The effective cooling features help cool your room down with an uninterrupted stream of air and deliver a blast of hot air to warm you up if needed.
Jet Focus control enables personal mode for long-range powerful airflow or diffused mode for wide projection. Heats in winter cools in summer. Effective all year round.
- The Dyson AM09 can provide both hot and cool air at 90 degrees on each side of the heater. Additionally, in heat mode, it provides more heating with the help of a fan to warm up space around you in moments.
- It has temperature settings from 33 degrees Fahrenheit to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Its air multiplier technology provides cooled or heated air with the high-velocity airflow.
- The remote control is available to control the temperature from across the room.
- The built-in and automatic thermostat monitor the room to set and maintain your selected temperature in heat mode with the help of its timer. So no energy will be wasted.
- It does not have exposed heating elements, so there is no smell of burning and no fast-spinning blades for small fingers.
- AM09 features quiet mark accreditation, sleep timer, energy-efficient and a curved magnetized remote to control the temperature lying in your bed.
2. Dimplex DXSTG25 Studio G Fan Ceramic Tower Electric Heater
The Dimplex Studio G (See More User Reviews) is such a small space heater that works seamlessly in any space around your home with a stylish look that fits right in. The speaker style tower-heater comes with a smoked-glass provides with a contemporary and sophisticated look.
It also comes with an LED display and touch panel with remote control operation of the run back timer, heat settings, and oscillation features. The 76 degrees oscillation ensures the Studio G delivers fast, even heat across a room, and the digital thermostat can be used to set the temperature according to your desires.
- The Studio G is manufactured by Dimplex, a brand you can trust.
- The heater comes in speaker style design with a glass base and controls on top of the heater.
- It has a powerful heating output of 2.5KW for heating your room within a few moments.
- Its built-in thermostat can be economically set the temperature levels to avoid waster energy.
- The heater can oscillate by a motor up to 7 degrees in each side of the heater to provide even hot air across space.
3. Dimplex 800W Low Wattage Flat Panel Electric Heater
The Dimplex 800W low wattage flat panel electric heater comes with a stylish look as well as both options of wall-mounted and freestanding. This is an ideal option for smaller rooms or as a background heat or as a top-up the existing heating.
This low wattage electric heater (See More User Reviews) is slim in design and only 200mm deep even if the feet included. This lighter in weight heater is highly portable.
- As mentioned from its name, the heater is low wattage. It means that it provides the heating output of 800W by consuming low energy.
- There are 3 heat setting options 300W,500W, and 800W to set the temperature according to your desire.
- The heater has both the options to use as wall-mounted or free-standing.
- A built-in thermostat makes it able to maintain the temperature economically.
- Dimplex 800W is the ideal low-cost background heating solution for hallways, smaller bedrooms, etc.
- A 7-day timer allows you to set the heating schedule with your lifestyle.
- The LCD shows the current temperature and a neon indicator shows the heater is on.
- There is also a safety cut-out feature in case of any unwanted situation.
4. Netta 2500W Oil-Filled Energy Efficient Electric Heater
Netta company provides you with a high quality, efficient, oil-filled heater to bring more comfort and warmth in cold winter. The Netta 2500W radiator (See More User Reviews) is one of the best energy-efficient space heaters. This heater is manufactured to provide you with more powerful heating in cold winter.
This 11 fins oil-filled radiator is designed to be portable for wherever you may need it. It is equipped with castor wheels to move it from room to room without having to feel it heavy. Now using this heater, you can feel the warmth throughout your home and it is an ideal radiator for medium and big sized rooms with economical heating bills. Oil-filled in the radiator is ecological and retains the heat for a longer time.
- You can take control of the use of an adjustable thermostat to set the temperature according to your lifestyle.
- The heater is designed to make it just as useful when not in use, with its built-in cable organizer. This will fit neatly where you want it.
- This powerful radiator comes with the safety feature of over-heating protection to shut the heater off when the temperature reaches the unwanted level. You can use it with full peace of mind.
- There are 3 heat setting options available to use the heater at low, medium or high outputs to help you control your energy bills.
- The built-in thermostat will automatically control the temperature that you have set once.
5. Adax Neo WiFi Wall-Mounted Electric Flat Panel energy Saving Heater 800W
ADAX is a Norwegian manufacturer of electric heating products a fore front runner in the field of electrical heaters with their innovative, stylish designs. In Norway, most homes operate via an electric heating system, so there is a strong demand for long-lasting, top-quality panel heaters.
The Adax Neo Smart Heating System (See More User Reviews) offers a modular full home radiator system with a sleek, slim and fantastic design. It comes with complete time, temperature and zonal control.
A free Android app is available to control the heater from your mobile, laptop or tablet through WiFi. This app allows you to set the temperature as you want. Additionally, with the help of this app, you can preset the temperature schedules according to different zones of your home ensuring that no heating is unexpectedly and unnecessarily.
This is the most popular heating system by Adax Neo owing its superior build quality, affordability, and stylish good looks.
- This wall-mounted flat-panel slim heater offers smart control in the form of an iOs and Android App through your mobile, tablet or computer.
- The heater is splash-proof and comes with a digital display and 24/7 timer to set the heating schedule with your lifestyle.
- Convection heating, built-in digital thermostat, on/off switch, anti-asthma/allergy breathing, over-heat protection and suitable for bathroom and kitchen are the prominent features of this heater.
- This smart flat panel heater is ideal for heating room spaces such as home, offices, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, lounge, dining room, etc.
Final Thoughts on Buying an Electric Heater
An energy-efficient electric heater is a must-have item for most households, giving you the option of having a warm room in a house without having to switch your central heating system on. It works well enough that if you ever end up in a situation where your central heating has a fault, you won't freeze to death from the ensuing cold.
It can sometimes be used to boost up the central heating system if you live in a house with multiple floors and the heating in the upper floors has not kicked in yet. As long as you get a decent electric heater, then it can be a great addition to your home, your comfort and even your interior decor.
If you are relying on logs and an old fireplace to warm your house up, then you should switch to using an electric heater. As research has shown that electric heaters are 3 times cheaper than traditional fireplaces.
The list above contains the best electric heating models with decent energy-efficiency, making it convenient for you to choose the right one for you. Hopefully, this article will help you understand the various features and design options available in electric heaters, as well as the top 5 models that are worth considering.