The reasons for having a lay-z-spa split seam may vary. It can be caused by too much pressure from the bubbles when switched on with the cover on, improper storage or even prolonged exposure to the sun’s rays.
Your first option should be to check your warranty card to see if you’re still within your warranty period. If you are still within your warranty period then you should contact Lay-z-spa or your supplier so they can resolve your split seam issue.
Alternatively, you can visit your nearest lay-z-spa dealer to inquire about a replacement.
If your warranty card is not within date, then you can attempt fixing your lay-z-spa split seam yourself.
There are different methods available to fix this issue depending on the severity of it.
Fixing a small split lay-z-spa seam
If you have a small split in your seam then you could try using a vinyl repair kit or even all-purpose sealant adhesive.
To do this, here are some steps you can carry out yourself in order to save money:
Step 1) Turn off and unplug the spa from its power supply
Step 2) Empty out your lay-z-spa and completely deflate
Step 3) Clean both sides of your lay-z-spa seam with a white spirit in order to remove any dirt, oil or grease.
Allow it to dry completely.
Step 4) Use 2 fingers to hold together where the split is located, then use this vinyl repair kit for hot tubs to seal the split seam.
The good thing with good kits is that they should come with clear patches that remain transparent when completely dry, ensuring the aesthetic of your product is maintained.
Step 5) Wait.
As annoying as it may seem, you need to allow the repair kit to cure and properly seal your split seam. You will need to wait for at least 24 hours before using your spa again.
The longer the better.
Fixing a large split lay-z-spa seam
If you have a larger split in your lay-z-spa, then you will need to use different sealing products so that it properly fixes the split.
You can choose from any of these options:
Option 1 – Rubber patch option
Yeah, you guessed it. This option is quick, easy and professional.
This rubber patch comes in a square 90mm x 90mm size. So if it can cover your split seam, then it will grip firmly to the area of the split seam making it extremely difficult for water to escape at all.
A rubber patch can be used on both sides of your lay-z-spa in order to ensure that no water escapes where there is a large split in your product.
The rubber patch fix is a good choice if you have a large split because it prevents the water from spilling out completely.
Option 2 – Use gorilla glue tape or even all-purpose sealant adhesive.
This requires steady fingers and when finished, might not look as neat as a clear rubber patch.
First, you need to deflate your lay-z-spa and dry where the split is.
Then, use gorilla glue or even all-purpose sealant adhesive in order to fix the split seam. This can also be used on both sides of the split seam too in order to ensure that no water escapes.
As with the rubber patch option, cover the wet adhesive firmly and allow it to set into place.
Use a cloth so that you can lightly brush away any excess glue or sealant adhesive, ensuring the area is dry before allowing it to fully cure.
If you use a patch that matches the colour of your hot tub, then you won’t have to worry about the aesthetics of your product.
Option 3 – Professional repair
This option requires no work whatsoever from yourself, but rather it’s done by someone who is trained to be able to do it.
You can take this lay-z-spa split seam issue directly to a manufacturer or supplier if it’s within warranty and they will fix the issue for you.
If it is out of warranty, then a professional split seam repair company will ensure that you get the best possible fix for your lay-z-spa split seam, ensuring no water escapes which could cause damage.
It’s also a good idea if you’re not the most confident with DIY fixes.
Troubleshooting your Lay Z Spa
Now that you fixed the split seam on your Lay z Spa, it’s time to ensure that you know what the main issues are for this hot tub.
Here is what can go wrong with your Lay-z-Spa:
The pump of your Lay Z Spa doesn’t work
The first thing you should do if your spa pump doesn’t work is to thoroughly check all wires to ensure they are connected tightly, including the ground wire.
If this doesn’t work, then you will need to check all cables for any sign of damage or exposed wiring which may have caused a short circuit.
If neither of these work, then it might be time to call out a professional who has the proper knowledge and tools to fix this issue for you.
Why is the filter light red on my lay z spa?
This is an easy fix.
The water filter button switches on your water filter. If the light above it is displaying red – it just means your water filter is switched on and activated.
The only check you need to do is to make sure that the filter cartridge is fitted into place correctly.
Why is my Lay Z Spa beeping E02?
If your Lay-Z-Spa is beeping and showing an E02 error code, then this means that your hot tub has an issue with the pump or motor, and has an issue with the water flow.
You need to check the following:
- The filter cartridge needs to be removed and cleaned thoroughly. It might be blocked and restricting water flow which is causing this error code.
- Avoid using any soaps and just use warm water and a soft brush to scrub the filter.
- You could try resetting your Lay z Spa by flushing out the system and re-filling it with fresh, clean water.
- If water is not flowing into the Lay-Z-Spa at all then it could be a blocked pipe, especially if the system has been running for a long time.
- You will need to call out a professional if you want to ensure that this issue is fixed properly, as there maube other issues that could be causing this error code which requires more knowledge and expertise to fix it.
Why won’t my Lay z spa heat up?
It’s not uncommon for a hot tub to be used heavily in the summer months, with people dipping into it every day. This means that you may need to drain and refill your hot tub more often than during other seasons.
If your lay z spa won’t heat up after being drained, here are some possible reasons why:
- The filter needs cleaning or replacing;
- A plug is loose or faulty;
- The circuit breaker tripped over something inside the unit;
- There is an electrical problem with the power supply cord.
To fix this issue, first, make sure all of these components are working properly.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, remove the pump from the socket. You then need to locate the thermal reset button and hold it in for 5 – 10 seconds.
You can then reconnect the pump and power it up. This should solve the issue for you.
Set the pump to heat and allow it to heat up for approximately 6 hours.
If this doesn’t work, then it might be time to call out a professional who has more experience dealing with hot tubs in general as this could be an electrical issue that requires more knowledge and expertise to deal with properly.
How do I fix lay z spa E03 error?
A hot tub is a great way to relax, but it can be frustrating when you are unable to operate it. Lay z spa E03 error codes are not uncommon and often easy to fix with the right knowledge of how your specific hot tub operates.
- Disconnect the pump from the spa.
- Carry the Lay z spa pump indoors where it’s warmer.
- Sit the pump in this within a warm area for 3 hours. This will allow the internal parts to warm up.
- Once the spa pump has warmed up to room temperature, plug it back in to the spa.
- The E03 error code should disappear.
Should I leave my lay z spa on all the time?
Yes, if you plan on using your Lay‑Z‑Spa frequently, then the most cost‑effective way to run it is to leave the pump and filter on all the time.
There are many benefits to leaving your spa plugged in, so let’s take a look at some of them.
- Your hot tub will be ready when you want it to be and won’t need time to heat up which means no waiting around for hours or days.
- This maintains the heat of the water and it will ensure the filter is constantly filtering the spa’s water.
- It’ll save you money on your electricity bills, however it is important to clean out the filter often so that it can work properly.The Lay-Z-Spa will automatically maintain the desired temperature, so it won’t overheat or freeze
- You can leave your spa unattended for longer periods of time without worrying about the water cooling down too much.