First and foremost, before diving into the detail of this article, let’s have a quick look at energy efficient space heaters. What they are, how they can keep us warm and how we can use them efficiently. The simple answer to this question is that space heaters are heaters mainly powered by electricity to heat a specific or measured single area, where the central heating system is not available.
In other words, the main objective of space heaters is keeping bedrooms, offices or any single area warm. Especially areas where a central heating system is not installed. The irony is, I have a space heater – not because I don’t have central heating system – but sometimes there’s no reason to heat a whole house when you’re alone in just a room. That’s where a space heater comes to the fore.
So if you are anything like me and you only ever heat one room at a time, a single energy-efficient space heater might be just what you need. A lot more efficient than powering up your central heating and at a fraction of the cost as well. To make sure you use as little energy as possible, it is important you pick the right heater for your space and needs.
There are different types of space heaters available in the market like convection heaters, radiant heaters, and combination heaters. It is the fact that space heaters rely on power output to deliver heat, but they are still efficient choices when compared to some portable electric heaters and oil filled radiators. That does not always mean they have to be noisy as there are some very good quiet space heaters as well. However, in this age of energy conservation, there is a huge demand for space heaters that are not just quiet but also small and efficient.
By definition, the word ‘small’ means that they can fit seamlessly on a table or in a corner in a room without seeming out of place. The word ‘efficient‘ denotes a space heater has great at conserving energy, heating at low cost and not being overly comfortable.
To pick the perfect and right small personal space heater for you is a difficult task in the presence of a wide range of variety in the market. But we have organized a special list of top 5 small and efficient heaters to make it convenient for you to choose the right one according to your requirements.
Before going to the list, however, you should know some important factors while purchasing the small space heater.
How to choose the right energy-efficient space heater?
- First of all, you should consider the size of the area for which you need a space heater. You should purchase the heater according to the area you want to keep warm. For this purpose, convection heaters are the best option because they use the fan to spread the warm air in all directions.
- The second point is to calculate the energy consumption and costs of the heater. You should purchase the heater which is efficient in energy consumption and produces more heating. Just determine what technology is the best for you, like radiant, ceramic or combination heaters.
- The third point to be noted is the thermostat control to regulate the heat levels and save energy. Moreover, you should purchase a heater that has multiple heat settings. In this way, you can set the temperature according to specific needs.
- Now, observe the safety features offered in a heater. Safety features are a very important factor to determine while purchasing a personal space heater. If the heater is equipped with good safety features like tip-over protection and overheating protection, you can have sleep or work with full peace of mind.
Here is the list of our selected top 5 small and efficient space heaters:
Haverland WOW Portable 1500W Space Heater
The heater has a trendy and unique design and structure with great efficiency. This is the top product of our list due to its efficiency and power output of 1500-watt. It can give you a cosy, warmth and peaceful environment in a few seconds with economic consumption.
The heater is equipped with PTC heating elements that make this product faster, safer, comfortable, and efficient. WOW is a lighter and portable heater and you can move it from room to room easily. Additionally, the heater has built-in safety features to give you a peaceful mind while using.
- This is the best product if you want to get a warm and peaceful environment at home economically.
- Low noise level and fast heating are the most prominent features of this heater due to its PTC heating elements.
- The heater is easily portable and it can be transported from one place to another.
- There are built-in heating sensors available to prevent overheating and tilting.
- The touch panel system and wireless remote control enable this heater easy to use.
- WOW by Haverland has 3 heat settings, adjustable thermostat and a built-in timer up to 6 hours.
- The heater fans can oscillate the hot air at 90 degrees.
- The manufacturer allows for a 2-year guarantee on the Haverland WOW portable 1500W space heater. Not a guarantee that is often claimed on, as the sturdy quality of this heater often withstands most bumps and bruises.
Pro Breeze 2000W Mini Ceramic Tower Fan Heater
Pro Breeze is one of the best dealers in the home appliances, heaters, and fans. This mini ceramic heater is equipped with PTC heating elements to throw the warm air in all directions of the area. Ceramic heating is the latest technology in the field of space heaters and provides a faster, safer and more energy-efficient process of heating than traditional fan heaters.
This can be a perfect companion during winter in your bedroom, office, classroom, etc. Additionally, the heater has a built-in thermostat and 2 heat settings. The motorized oscillation provides the warm air side to side at 80 degrees in a wide area.
- Its advanced ceramic PTC heating elements provide fast and efficient heating that is safer and longer-lasting than traditional heaters.
- The heater is lighter and portable to move from one place to another and is featured with a built-in carry handle.
- The Pro Breeze mini ceramic fan heater is a perfect choice to use at bedroom, office, classroom, etc due to its efficient and economical performance.
- The package includes 2000W (high) and 1000W (low) heat settings as well as a motorized oscillation of warm air at 80 degrees to heat larger rooms and spaces.
- There is an easy to use and fully adjustable thermostat to control the heating and optimize the heating efficiency.
- The heater is featured with built-in overheating protection and tip-over switches to turn off the heater automatically in any wanted condition.
Pro Breeze 2000W Mini Ceramic Tower Fan COMLIFE Oscillating Ceramic Heater 600-W
This is a small but efficient space heater by COMLIFE. The heater is equipped with a ceramic PTC plate to generate a powerful output. You just switch the heater on and it will emit a great amount of warm air within just 2 seconds. There is no doubt that it can be your best buddy in the cold winter.
The heater can oscillate the air at 50 degrees, you just have to touch the oscillating button on the top and it will deliver and spread the warm air in an orderly way. It’s compact and lighter design makes it a portable heater to move from room to room. There is a carry handle on its back to move it easily.
- The rated power of this mini portable heater is 600-W with a rated voltage of 220V.
- The heater can warm up the area about 86 sq.ft within 2 seconds.
- It is equipped with advanced ceramic PTC plate technology.
- It is a combination of heater and fan that can oscillate the warm air at 50 degrees automatically.
- This mini heater is featured with multiple safety protection like tip-over and overheating protection.
- This is a small but powerful and easy to operate the machine that can provide you with a cosy, comfortable and warm room in cold winter.
BIMONK Portable Space Heater for Office
This BIMONK space heater is also suitable for use in garage, basement, cottage or cabin. The thermostat is adjustable according to your comfort level. The home heater has 3 heat settings from 750/1000/1500W. The heater uses advanced ceramic PTC elements for instant heating and it can warm up a wide area in no time with its power output.
The heater is designed to produce heat without open coils, which can optimize the spreading of heat in small spaces and can save energy up to 60% than its other traditional counterparts. This high-quality heater can set up the temperature of your room according to your desires within 3 seconds.
- There is built-in overheat protection that switches off the heater automatically when the temperature reaches on the full limit.
- Additionally, tip-over protection is also a safety feature that shuts the heater off if it gets knocked over accidentally to prevent any unwanted condition.
- This small portable heater is equipped with a widespread oscillation function that helps to throw the warm air in all directions of the area.
- The advanced ceramic heating elements technology enables the heater to warm up the air around you within a very short time.
- You can set the heating level according to your need including a fan mode. Fan mode is an ideal option to warm up your home area in a short time during cold winter.
- The heater can oscillate the warm air at 70 degrees for reliable heating performance. Moreover, it is highly portable and you can carry it to move easily by a handle.
- This ceramic portable space heater is energy efficient and it can save up to 60% power as compared to other traditional heaters.
Pro Breeze Mini Ceramic Fan Heater for Desk or Table
This personal mini heater by Pro Breeze is ideal to place on an office desk or table at home or work. This is a perfect choice for when you want to warm yourself up without affecting others around you. The heater uses advanced ceramic fan heating which provides faster and instant heating.
The built-in thermostat provides 500W of power for extra warm heating while remaining low in wattage to ensure low energy consumption. Its over-tip protection and anti-overheating sensors make the heater switch off in any unwanted condition of temperature. This lightweight and portable min heater provide the best safety features for your peace of mind.
- Its compact design allows you to directly place the heater in your workplace or bedroom to perfectly heat the area without distracting others.
- The adjustable thermostat controls and monitors the temperature levels around you for optimal heating and temperature control.
- This can be your perfect personal buddy in cold winter to place it on your office desk or table at home.
- Its advanced ceramic heating elements technology offers more efficient heating as compared to its traditional counterparts.
- This mini space heater is lightweight and portable to use it in your office, home, classroom, etc.
While choosing the small and efficient space heater, you need to know some technical specifications about space heaters. You can learn a lot by knowing these specifications. Just measure the space that you want to warm up and purchase the heater according to your needs by following the rules discussed above.
Choosing the ideal space heater is not an easy task when the internet is flooded with a lot of variety and models but if you get once there, you can have a cosy, comfortable and peaceful environment to work, sleep or meditation in cold winter.
If you decide on choosing an energy-efficient space heater that ends up being too big and not suitable for your space, there’s a chance it will lead to the air around you becoming too hot and hard to manage. To solve this matter, you should just choose convection, micathermic, or radiant heater and then calculate the energy consumption and cost. Where possible, you should look to get a ceramic fan heater, as it is said to be made with more advanced technology than its competitors.
Stay warm with a heater that suits your needs, putting comfort and running costs into consideration. And last but not least, make sure you think about the built-in safety features in the device you get – especially if you have young children or pets in your home.
This is mainly because the space heaters do get quiet hot after extended use and can hurt a child who touches it by mistake. These types of heaters are also not permanently fixed onto walls, so there’s always a risk that the might be knocked down if bumped into.
If there are small children around, you need to be careful with portable heaters, for two reasons. First, they can get very hot, which would be painful and possibly dangerous if a child touched them or fell against them. Second, as they’re not fixed to a wall, they can be unstable if anyone bumps into them