A thermos is a great way to keep food warm while you’re out and about. That can be especially useful if you’re taking your lunch to work or bringing pasta for dinner on the go.
In order to make sure your pasta dish stays warm and flavorful for hours at a time, follow these easy steps:
- Preheat your thermos by filling it with boiling water for five minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions;
- Add sauce and seasonings of your choice before cooking;
- Pour out the hot water from your thermos.
- Place cooked noodles in a sealed thermos container with lid (a glass jar works well).
To keep food from sticking to the bottom of jars or containers, coat them with cooking spray first.
Let your thermos cool a bit so you can handle it before closing the lid.
Seal the jar tightly and keep it at a safe, warm temperature until lunchtime or dinnertime.
Other ways to keep pasta warm
Although pasta is a popular dish in many households, it can be tricky to keep warm for a long time.
Pasta is an easy dish to make for lunch. The difficult part is making sure it stays warm until you can eat it. If you’re like me, then that means bringing your meal with you in an insulated container or microwaveable bowl and hoping for the best.
Using these methods will work on most days but there are other options out there that are also effective.
Here are some simple ways that will help keep your food warm while still getting out on time (and not starving by lunch)
- Take a microwaveable bowl – If you have a microwave at work that you have access to, then this is a great option. You can take your pasta to work in a microwave safe bowl and pop your food in the microwave when your hungry. If you don’t have a microwave at work, then this is not an option for you.
- Take a small food cooler – Most food coolers can keep food warm for 4 hours and keep it cold for 8 hours. A food cooler is a great option because you can carry it around and keep it in your desk at work.
- Take a thermos – Thermoses are great options, especially if you like warm pasta for lunch. Your meal will stay warm all day and still give you the chance to eat at a hot meal when everyone else is having their lunch.
- Eat your pasta cold – An alternative way to get your pasta-fix is to eat it cold. While not the best option for everyone, eating your pasta cold is an easy way to eat without having to worry about waiting around. If you plan on doing this, its easier to do this without sauce
- Use a lunch crockpot – Lunch crockpots are great because they can keep food warm for up to 12 hours. If you use one, all you have to do is plug it in when you get to work and your pasta will be ready by the time you need it. These are easy, but they may take some time to cook your food.
- Buy a Zojirushi – The Zojirushi is a great insulated container. It can keep pasta warm for up to six hours and cold for ten hours. If you have the money, this is one of the better options if you plan on having hot pasta regularly.
- Round jar with 4 food bowls for hot or cold lunch storage
- Vacuum-insulated stainless-steel construction keeps food warm
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Add a side – Having your pasta with some sides can make your meal last longer. If you’re not one that enjoys pasta with vegetables (or vice versa), you can always try heating up some chicken in a can of soup.
Pack your meal the night before – This is a great idea for those busy mornings or when you know you won’t have time to pack your lunch. All you have to do is make your meal the night before and it will be ready by lunchtime.
Use garlic bread – Garlic bread is an easy way to make any meal taste better. You can keep it in your fridge or freezer and heat it up when you’re ready for lunch. This will not only give your pasta some extra flavor, but it will also help your meal stay warmer for a longer period of time.
Eat less sauce – Having more sauce is tasty, but it may have the opposite effect of keeping food warm throughout the day. While adding extra sauce will give your meal some flavor, it will also add an unwanted cold effect. The best way to keep your pasta warm all day is to have it with less sauce.
Try a different dish – If you’re tired of eating noodles all the time, then there are lots of pasta dishes that may be tastier and more filling than simple noodles. Lasagna and cannelloni are easy to make with basic ingredients and can be great substitutes for lunch.
A thermos flask is a great way to keep your food warm. All you have to do is follow these simple steps and you will be able to eat a hot bowl of pasta at work all week.
It can be especially useful if you’re taking your lunch to work and you’re trying not to have a sandwich or cold food option during lunchtime.
Another alternative is taking a food cooler with you, but this will also require that your workplace has a refrigerator where you can store it in between meals. If not, then microwaving your pasta is another way to go if you have access to a microwave at work.
If you often have a hard time finding a way to heat your meal, remember that you have options. By just doing some research, you can find out more about the best ways to keep your food heating all day long.